Last Updated: November 2023
The information that we collect:
Public Art Fund collects personal information:
A. When you provide it to us.
This may include your:
- ● name;
● contact information, such as your email address and phone number;
● home/office address;
● credit card information;
● bank information;
● marketing preferences;
● customer service communications; and
● any other information that you provide to us when you complete forms, including on our website, surveys, or otherwise provide us with information.
B. When you use our products or services, or visit our website(s).
This may include your:
- ● usage data;
● location data, which we may collect when you access our website using a mobile device;
● information created when you communicate using our products or services, including the content of such communications and the time/date of the communications; and
● information automatically collected when you visit our website(s) using your computer or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site.
How we use the information we collect:
Public Art Fund uses the personal information that we collect:
A. To provide our products and services.
For example, we use personal information to:
- ● provide our services to you;
● process transactions you initiate with us, such as donations;
● manage our website;
● communicate with you; and
● perform necessary operations to maintain our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
We use the information we collect to provide support to our patrons and website visitors, which may include investigating and responding to complaints.
We may use personal information to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about our services, features, promotions, updates, and events. We may do so through various methods, including email, text messages, social media, and ads on third party platforms.
D. Job Applicants.
We may use personal information we collect directly from individuals (including via a job application portal) or from other sources such as social media, or receives from recruiters, to evaluate job applicants.
E. Legal proceedings and requirements or fulfilling contractual obligations.
We may use personal information to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of our services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, including requirements that apply to Public Art Fund in its capacity as service provider or contractor for another entity, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
We may also aggregate, anonymize, or otherwise use your personal information without identifying you for any purpose permitted by applicable law.
When we share your information:
- ● vendors and service providers;
● payment processors and facilitators;
● cloud storage providers;
● social media companies, such as Facebook or Instagram, in connection with our use of their platforms to communicate with our users;
● trusted third-party partners with whom we may share information in connection with collaborations between us and such partners, as well as, in some cases, to enable them to send you communications we think may be of interest to you;
● Google Analytics or a similar service to help us analyze how users use our website;
● consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers; and
● other third parties with your consent.
We may also share your information if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or government request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. We may also share your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Public Art Fund assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
A. Opt-out from communications
As explained above, we may use your e-mail address or other personal information to send you promotional materials. You can opt-out of receiving promotional communications by following links provided in the messages or by contacting us directly at [email protected]. Although your request to stop receiving information will be reflected promptly in our database, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics or statistics about our users. To make a request related to your personal information or otherwise exercise your rights, you may contact us using the contact information provided below. In order to fulfill your request, we may require additional information from you. You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to accept your membership, or provide you with our services.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information directly from persons under 13 years of age (“children”), and no part of the services is directed to children. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the services from children and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us using the contact information below to request that we delete the information from our systems.
C. Visitors from Outside the United States
D. Requests and inquiries
As a non-profit organization, Public Art Fund relies on contributions from individuals, corporations, and foundations to make extraordinary public art available and accessible to audiences of all ages and backgrounds—at absolutely no charge! Gifts at every level make a difference and are 100% tax-deductible. Thank you for supporting public art!