About the Exhibition
Richard Haas (b.1936, Spring Green, WI) used a photograph of the original Mineral Springs building in the rendering of this mural. This original photograph led Haas to envision a Victorian porch, and in the development of this piece he worked in direct relation with the physical and spatial size of the building’s walls and the garden in front. The mural, produced in 4’ x 9’5” sections, was mounted onto exterior plywood and then was encased in fiberglass. The panels were sprayed with a clear resin to enhance the clarity of the photograph as well as protect it from the effects of weather and graffiti.